Lawrence Township

Latest News From LT5FD

Electrical Fire


On April 11th, Company 5 was dispatched to the Best Western along the Clearfield Shawville Hwy for a report of smoke in the building. A hotel employee had called 911 reporting the power went out and the building was filling with smoke. Deputy and Engine 5 responded arriving on scene with tenants evacuating and normal outside conditions. Crews entered the building and found heavy smoke conditions on the 1st floor. After a short investigation, Deputy 5 was then able to locate the source from an electrical room. An outside transformer had blown and created a power issue with the building. The building was then vented and tenants were able to return inside. Units cleared the scene a short time later.